Tuesday, August 08, 2006

 

Hong Kong

Approximately 74 hours before my plane should arrive in beautiful B.C. I arrived in Hong Kong this afternoon. I was glad to leave Bangkok. Yesterday, while I was walking around town I noticed that EVERYBODY was wearing a yellow t-shirt with the King's coat of arms. I inquired why. Apparently this year is the sixtieth anniversary of his reign. I don't see people in England wearing a t-shirt every Monday to honour the Queen's 60th anniversary as monarch, but in Thailand they adore their monarch. LONG LIVE THE KING!!!

I walked around parts of Hong Kong this evening, including taking a cruise across the harbour. Hong Kong is everything that I thought it would be. Uber modern. What I liked the most was being able to catch a train right inside the airport terminal to come right downtown. Super cool. I wish we had something like that in Vancouver. In a few years we will!!! Then we will be cool too!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?